Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Tangerine Prosecco gelatin and a scary movie

Tangerine prosecco gelatin / Gelatina de tangerina e prosecco

I am not very brave when it comes to horror films, but after watching the teaser for It I really wanted to watch the movie. My husband asked if I was sure this was a good idea, and I told him that I would be OK since I am not afraid of clowns.
A few minutes into the movie and I was scared as hell and with my eyes closed. :D To be honest I did not recall the 1990 movie being so scary. :S

As promised, I bring you today a recipe that calls for the tangerine juice left from making the financiers I posted yesterday – and the color of the gelatin reminds me of Beverly’s beautiful hair (I was impressed at how much the young Sophia Lillis looks like Amy Adams). I added Prosecco to the gelatin to make this an adult dessert, but if you don’t drink alcohol or want to make this for kids just replace the Prosecco with more tangerine juice.

Tangerine Prosecco gelatin
own recipe

1 ¼ teaspoons gelatin powder
1 ½ tablespoons water
200ml fresh tangerine juice, strained
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
100ml Prosecco
whipped cream, for serving (optional)

In a small bowl, combine the gelatin with the water. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan combine the tangerine juice and sugar and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is lukewarm. Remove from the heat and whisk in the Prosecco, followed by the gelatin. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Strain mixture through a fine sieve into four ½-cup capacity glasses. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until set.
Serve with a dollop of the whipped cream.

Serves 4



2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I can't believe you said that about Amy Adams. We left the movie (I hate scary movies also) and thought Amy Adams would be the adult version of Beverly! This looks yummy-as always I enjoy your recipes and insights on movies and shows.
Thanks,

Patricia Scarpin said...

Dear Charlotte, thank you for your comment! I am so happy to know you like my posts. <3
I read on IMDb that Sophia Lillis would choose Jessica Chastain to play her character as an adult, and I thought "no way!" - Jessica is a great actress, but Sophia looks like a young Amy Adams twin. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails